Gustav Klimt – special exhibitions 2012
Anniversary exhibition for the artist’s 150th birthday
It would have been Gustav Klimt’s 150th birthday in 2012. Many museums in his hometown Vienna present for this occasion fantastic special exhibitions.
Come to Vienna in 2012 and see not only the famous painting “The Kiss” in the Belvedere gallery, but also posters and prints in the Vienna Museum. Visit Klimt’s studio and his mansion the “Klimt Villa” in Austria’s capital. Discover the modern era in Vienna.
An overview over the exhibitions during the Klimt anniversary year
- Vienna Museum – 16th May to 16th September 2012
Highlight: presentation of many yet unseen drawings
- Austrian gallery in Belvedere Castle – 25th October 2011 to 4th March 2012
The collaboration between Klimt and Josef Hoffmann, the architect, will be shown.
- Museum of Fine Arts – 14th February to 6th May 2012
Above others, 13 paintings and their sketches will be shown – see how the artists painted the huge hallway in the
Museum of Fine Arts
- Albertina – 13th March to 17th June 2012
170 works allow an insight to the artist’s artistic world
- Leopold Museum – 24th February to 11th June 2012
Paintings from Emilie Flöge’s legacy will be shown, as well as letters between her and Klimt
- Künstlerhaus – 6th July to 2nd September 2012
Explore Kilmt’s influence as a member of the Künstlerhaus
- Klimt Villa
Visit the only preserved studio, Klimt used to work in